A breathable sheathing panel.
MEDITE VENT is a high performance breathable sheathing panel suitable for use in all types of timber frame structures. Combining high racking strength (in excess of Category 1 requirements) with high vapour permeability and weather resistance, it is the perfect choice for the outer sheathing layer in ‘diffusion open’ breathable timber frame walls.
Features and Benefits
• Integral component in Passive House Institute (PHI) Certified MEDITE SMARTPLY PROPASSIV building systems, also incorporating SMARTPLY PROPASSIV Airtight OSB
• Breathable sheathing panel suited to ‘water vapour diffusion open’ wall designs
• Very low water vapour diffusion factor to prevent condensation (Tested by Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics)
• High performance – in excess of Category 1 racking strength (tested by independent UKAS accredited laboratory)
• Zero added formaldehyde contributing to healthy environments
• CE Marked in accordance with EN 13986
• Manufactured from FSC® certified timber from our own forests
MEDITE VENT complies with the requirements of EN 622-5 MDF.RWH and EN 14964 for use in rigid underlays in roofing and walls.
MEDITE VENT is classified as a structural sheathing panel which is suitable for use in humid conditions, Service Class 2 Conditions to Eurocode 5 (EN 1995-1-1). It is suitable for use in biological hazard classes 1 and 2 of EN 335-3.